This last week, to our amazement, we have hit a new milestone in our lives. The kids are FINALLY starting to get along and will play with each other for hours!!! Of course they still have their moments, but they have never played so well with each other for so long of a time. It has been great! It is so fun to watch them too. Bryce will read books to Emily in our reading corner and they will play in each others rooms for hours. It's been really nice to not hear the fighting and trying to keep them seperated all the time! It can only get better right?
Lately, Bryce has a little shadow called Emily. Everything he does, she HAS to do too - which is natural - and for the most part, he doesn't mind. If Bryce wants something to eat, Emily wants something to eat and it has to be the exact same thing. If Bryce wants to read, Emily wants to read. If Bryce starts singing a song, Emily starts singing the song with him. If Bryce has to go to school, Emily wants to go with him.
Well, my parents had brought home matching t-shirts from an airshow as souveniers for the kids. Usually Emily wears it as her nightshirt since it is so big for her right now to wear as a t-shirt. And she loves that shirt - seriously - I can't get her to take it off in the morning so she can get changed for the day. The other night, I had gotten Emily into her pajama's and then Bryce got his pajama's on, which happened to be his airshow t-shirt and shorts that night. When Emily noticed he was wearing that shirt, she threw the BIGGEST fit yelling "Mine! Mine! Plane! Mine!" while she was pulling on Bryce's shirt trying to get him to take it off so she could wear it. I tried to explain that Bryce has the exact same shirt, that the one he was wearing was his, and that hers was dirty and in the laundry. Since our kids are so stubborn, that did no good. So I had to go get her shirt out of her laundry basket so she could wear it. When she saw that I had her shirt, she immediately quit crying and was practically "jumping for joy". I guess I've learned my lesson there!











No comments:
Post a Comment