Friday, March 7, 2008

Our Latest Bryce Disaster



Okay, so I thought the terrible two's were horrible...but I am now finding out that three is even worse! So here was our disaster yesterday. We were having our Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet and so I was busy all day trying to get things ready for the banquet. Well, I had to run over to my neighbors house to borrow some powdered sugar for the desserts I was making and when I came back, it was really quiet (first sign that there is something mischievous going on), but I was so stressed and concentrating on getting things done that I didn't think anything about it. Well, finally I realized that I couldn't hear Bryce, so I thought I better check on him. Well, I came upstairs and he wasn't playing his computer game anymore, his wasn't in our bedroom, he wasn't in his bedroom, and then I opened Emily's bedroom door...and Bryce was in BIG trouble. He had found my wood glue and had squeezed it out ALL OVER Emily's room and not to mention ALL OVER HER!!! (She was taking a nap in her swing.) The poor girl had wood glue dripping down her face, all over her pajama's, and all over in her hair! So I grabbed her (I didn't care about the carpet or the swing) and thought that I would have to shave her head, and thank heavens the glue is non-toxic, and I put her in the bathtub. Luckily the glue washed out! However, the carpet and swing is still covered in wood glue and is probably a lost cause. Oh well, that's why we got the cheap-o carpet in our house. So needless to say - I've decided that if there is a practical way of doing it, I need to tie Bryce to me so I can keep an eye on him EVERY SECOND! ;-)

2 comments:

crystal said...

Wow, I think I would of been upset about that. Its good that it washed out of her hair.

Bingham fam said...

OH my goodness!!! You poor mother you! I have decided I need to start taking pictures everytime that Katelin does something bad because it will make me laugh later hopefully!!! I guess things aren't going to get easier for a while.