Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Visitors


This weekend we had the priviledge of having our friends from Las Vegas, Carson and Jen and their three kids, come stay with us. They are pretty much family to us and we enjoyed their company. We have had a lot of coincidental things happen between our families. It all started when we got married a week apart. But the real kicker is that two of our kids were born a day apart! Bryce was born the day before Cade (sorry Jen if I spelled his name wrong!) and Allee was born the day before Emily! One kid was crazy enough, but two of them! What are the chances! And when they got here, we apoligized that Emily had an ear infection. Jen and Carson started laughing and told us that both of their girls had ear infections too! We just do EVERYTHING together!

As you can see by the picture, it is A LOT warmer in Vegas than it is up here. They were freezing in the mid-fifty degree weather and Blair and I thought it was a nice change and that it felt pretty warm, thus the short sleeved shirts. Unfortunately, Saturday was cloudy and windy and it even snowed a little bit, so we weren't able to go to the park or do anything like that, so we stayed in the house and visited while the kids played with whatever they could find. That night, Jen's brother (who lives close by), his fiancee and my parents came over for dinner and games. Cory and Lindsey bought the kids gum and gave it to them after dinner. Kiley and Cade knew exactly what to do, but Bryce had never had it before. It was so funny seeing the expression on his face as he tried chewing the gum. He didn't know what to think!

It was a lot of fun having them here and we were sad to see them go. We just wish they could have stayed longer!

1 comment:

smiles2u said...

I can't believe the coincidences there. That is amazing! Your baby is sure getting big! You have 2 adorable kids. I read the post below and can just imagine what I have to look forward to with Laurel. She is already so busy. One day she climbed all of the 16 stairs in our house (I was right behind her), but I can just imagine having 2 kids and a potenial disaster. Sometimes its a potential disaster with just one!