We finally had a decent rain storm yesterday. It didn't last long, but it was definitely needed! Emily was down for a nap (which she slept through the whole storm-hail and all) and so Bryce and I went out on the porch to watch as the storm came and went.
After the hail storm (and when the rain had pretty much stopped), I got Bryce a cup to collect the hail stones in and we put them in the freezer so that he could show daddy when he got home. Then we noticed that a big 2 X 4 (I think) that was probably about 5 to 6 ft. long had floated down the ditch and stopped at the storm drain by our house. Bryce ran out to "try" to move it and after a couple of times lifting the one end, he turned, looked at me and shrugged his shoulders while saying, "I can't move it! It's too big!". Then all of a sudden it started to pour again and poor Bryce ran as fast as he could down the sidewalk and up to the house for cover. Watching Bryce collect hail stones and play in the overflowed ditches brought back a lot of great memories from my childhood and I'm glad that I can share those experiences now with my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment