Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Walking, Preschool Field trip, Ghosts, and Policeman

As I looked at the date from my last entry, I can't believe that it has already been a month since that post! It seems that time goes by faster and faster and therefore, as it was mentioned (not an exact quote) in General Conference by our prophet, Thomas S. Monsen, to cherish our time with our little ones and the busyness going on in our lives right now because when all that is gone we will miss it dearly. So since we have been "cherishing" our busy life, this will be a "catch-up" post of the things that have happened in the last little while.

To start off, Emily has started walking. Well, actually she is a pro at it now, since she has been walking for a couple of months, and is now running everywhere. It's been a lot of fun and crazy around here, but we have enjoyed every minute of it.

Next, Bryce had his first Preschool Field trip, that I was privileged enough to go on. We went on a nature walk down the neighborhood trail and ate lunch at the park. While on the walk the kids each collected a green leaf, yellow leaf, red leaf, and brown leaf, a stick, and a rock.
We stopped at a bridge that went over the river and Miss Heather told the story "Billy Goats Gruff". After she was done telling the story, they crossed the bridge by galloping like the goats did in the story. Then when they came back across, they walked very quietly so that the "troll" wouldn't hear them. When we got back to the park we ate our sack lunches and then Miss Heather got a parachute out and the kids played games with it that they had played during a regular day at preschool. All the kids had a lot of fun and all the mom's were worn out!
One of the days last week I was feeling pretty brave and energetic so I decided to venture out and take the kids to Walmart to pick up a couple of things we needed.
While we were there, we decided to get supplies to make our own halloween ghost decorations. When we got home, we got all the stuff out and Bryce and I put them together. I let Bryce put glue on the styrofoam balls and the sticks and then he got to put the silly eyes on the ghosts. He was pretty proud of himself and he did a great job. We put them out in our flower garden and now our house looks so festive!


This week in preschool, Bryce's class has been learning about firemen and policemen. He has brought home a lot of pictures that he has colored of those two professions. When I went to pick him up today he came out wearing a hat he had colored and made. He looked so cute! And of course, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a picture of him.



So as you can see, we have been quite busy, but having a lot of fun while time keeps flying by!

No comments: