Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Lights

As the holidays get closer, Blair starts to get ancy and puts the Christmas lights up usually right after Thanksgiving (partly because it's better weather and he has the time off). This year he decided that he was actually going to put Christmas lights on our roof and thanks to one of our neighbors who let us borrow his ladder, Blair was able to do so. He had to lay on his belly though because of the steepness of our roof to get it done. Yes, he was risking his life to make our house look good! :)

Was it worth it? Definitely! The house looked so much better! With and without them hooked up to the music.

I didn't get a picture of the house all lit up...yet, but here are pictures of Blair on our roof. And if you don't understand why it is such a big deal...our roof is at least 20 feet up and never mind that it is pretty steep. We're glad Blair is very careful and was able to do it without getting hurt!
What was I doing while Blair was on the roof? I was enjoying the beautiful sunset and surroundings...oh, and supervising...making sure he didn't fall off the roof!

Here are some of the things I was admiring. Everything truly is a miracle and blessing from Heavenly Father! Who else could have created something so beautiful!

No comments: